Have More Fun at a Vegas Casino
Have your latest casino trips been boring or uneventful? I am not just referring to your trip as far as gambling goes. I am also asking about the activities that you tried and the experiences that you had.
Well, if you said yes, then today is your lucky day. I am about to drop some knowledge that will enable you to be able to maximize the amount of fun that you have inside of a Vegas casino.
There are a ton of things to do in these casinos besides gambling, you just need to know where to look.
Learn a New Game
There are so many casino games out there that you will likely never run out of new ones to learn. You could learn these games from reading on the internet or buying a book about them, but these learning methods can get boring, and you might lose interest before you get finished.
One of the best parts about Vegas casinos is that they will almost always have scheduled classes that teach new gamblers how to play certain games. For example, Southpoint Casino offers free craps lessons every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:15 am and on Saturdays at 11:15 am.
Below, I have compiled a list of many of the different FREE classes that are available at various Vegas casinos:
- Circus Circus: Blackjack at 10:30 am every day, roulette at 11:30 am every day, and craps at 12:30 pm every day
- Boulder Station Casino: Poker at 3 pm every Thursday
- Golden Nugget Casino: Poker at 10 am every day, craps at 10 am every day, pai gow at 10:30 am every day, roulette at 11:30 am every day, blackjack at 12 pm every day
- Excalibur Casino: Poker at 11 am every day, roulette at 11 am and 7 pm every day, blackjack at 11:30 am and 7:30 pm every day, craps at 12:30 pm and 8 pm every day
- Luxor Casino: Poker at 10 am every day, roulette at 12 pm every day, craps at 12 pm every day, blackjack at 12 pm every day
- Mandalay Bay Casino: Poker at 2 pm every day
- MGM Grand: Poker at 10:30 am and 6 pm every day
- Monte Carlo: Craps at 11 am every day
- The Palazzo and The Venetian: Craps at 11 am every weekday, blackjack at 11:30 am every weekday
- Stratosphere: Poker at 8 am every weekend
As you can see, Luxor, Excalibur, and Golden Nugget are the key places that offer the largest number free classes. These classes will go through all of the basic rules, and might even touch on some basic strategies, if applicable.
This is one of the biggest fears which holds people back from participating in new games.
Go to a Pool Party
One of the most fun activities that you can partake in while visiting a Las Vegas casino is to check out one of the many pool parties that happen every single weekend. In Las Vegas, people are going to be partying every weekend whether there is a holiday or not.
In a normal backyard pool party, you might find a few people standing around in an above-ground pool with a beer in their hand and some lame song blasting out of a boombox.
Whether you want to get drunk, dance around, go swimming or meet some new people, pool parties are the place to be during the daytime on weekends in Las Vegas. Most nighttime party-goers use pool parties as a warm-up during the day, which means that sometimes the lines can get very long.
I recommend showing up a little bit earlier than they say the doors will open because otherwise, you could be waiting up to 3 or 4 hours just to get in. That’s how insanely popular these parties are!
Below is a list of some of the most famous pool parties that happen every single weekend in Las Vegas casinos:
- Rehab at Hard Rock Hotel from 10 am to 6 pm every Sunday
- Bare (topless pool) at Mirage Hotel from 11 am to 7 pm every Thursday through Monday
- Venus Pool Club at Caesars Palace Hotel from 11 am to 4 pm every Saturday
- Wet Republic at MGM Hotel from 10 am to 6 pm every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Encore Beach at Encore Hotel from 11 am to 7 pm every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Liquid at Aria Hotel from 11 am to 6 pm from every Thursday through Sunday
- Tao Beach at Venetian Hotel from 10 am to 4 pm every Friday and Saturday
- Marquee at Cosmopolitan Hotel from 10 am to sunset every Saturday and Sunday
- Daylight at Mandalay Bay Hotel from 10 am to sunset every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Drai’s at Cromwell Hotel from 10 am to 4 pm every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Wear a Costume
Dressing up and pretending to be someone who you are not is always fun. That is the reason why holidays like Halloween are so popular. However, you do not have to wait until Halloween to do this, you can do it in a Vegas casino anytime you want to!
The only way to pull this off effectively is to go to a casino where nobody knows you. Luckily, Vegas casinos are full of thousands of people that you probably have never seen before and likely will never see again.
Now that you have no fear of being embarrassed in front of friends and family, you can start to think about what you would like to dress up as. You could just go with a silly costume such as Santa Claus or Elvis Presley, for example, and really confuse people.
I feel that the best place to try this would be at a poker table. This is a place where everybody interacts with each other and it will be impossible for them to ignore you.
This could translate to extra profits in a poker game, since you will catch people off guard and they will not know what to think of the psycho in the Easter Bunny costume who keeps ordering shots of tequila.
Strike Up a Conversation
If you are not feeling up to wearing a costume or dressing up as someone, you can still strike up a conversation with a random stranger as your regular old self.
In today’s world that is dominated by cellphone use, there is not nearly enough human interaction going on in public places anymore. Honestly, when is the last time you walked up to a stranger and had a chat with them out in public?
It doesn’t even have to be someone from the other sex that you find attractive, it could be literally anyone in the casino that doesn’t appear to be very busy.
Most people don’t do this because they are unaware of how fun it can be. The thrill of meeting new people combined with the possibility of learning new things is a great combination. A Vegas casino is certainly an ideal place to meet interesting people, so I highly recommend giving it a try.
There are no excuses for being bored in a Vegas casino! Just because you do not gamble does not mean that you will have nothing to do while you are there.
Next time you visit one of these highly entertaining establishments, be sure to check out their pool parties and free game lessons.
You can also experiment with new ideas like dressing up in a costume or striking up a conversation with random strangers if you really want to spice things up.