2018 WSOP Europe Kicks Off This Week
It is October, so you might think it is a strange time to talk about the World Series of Poker, but lest you forget, the WSOP Europe is now upon us, beginning Tuesday, October 9th. This year’s WSOP Europe will run about three weeks and feature ten events and €13 million in guaranteed prize pools.
Aside from the time of year, you might also have been forgetting about WSOP Europe because of the year itself. In 2015, the World Series of Poker decided that WSOP Europe and WSOP Asia Pacific (APAC) would alternate years, WSOP Europe taking place in odd years and WSOP APAC being held in even-numbered years. WSOP APAC, though, was canceled in 2016 and seems like it may be gone for good, so WSOP Europe has now become an annual event again.
Once again, WSOP Europe will be hosted by King’s Casino in Rozvadov, Czech Republic, right at the German border. As the WSOP calls King’s Casino a “permanent home,” it looks like that’s where it will be ongoing.
“It was a dream to host WSOP Europe and I can’t wait to do it again,” said King’s Casino owner Leon Tsoukernik in a press release in June. “We hope everyone who came last year comes back for our warm hospitality and generous offerings, and for those who missed out, please join us for Europe’s biggest poker event of the year.”
Most of the events will be No-Limit Hold’em; there are two Pot-Limit Omaha events and one Mixed Pot-Limit Omaha/No-Limit Hold’em tournament. There are two clear highlights of WSOP Europe, bookending the festival. The opener is the €550 Colossus, which has eight starting flights, while WSOP Europe closes with the €10,350 Main Event, which comes with a €5 million guarantee.
All of the events are official gold bracelet events and count toward the 2018 World Series of Poker Player of the Year standings. Shaun Deeb currently leads said rankings with 4,334.06 points, followed by Ben Yu with 3,746.04.
2018 World Series of Europe Schedule
- Oct 09 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1A
- Oct 10 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1B
- Oct 11 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1C
- Oct 11 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1D
- Oct 12 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1E
- Oct 12 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1F
- Oct 13 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1G
- Oct 13 – €550 COLOSSUS – Day 1H
- Oct 14 – €1,650 No-Limit Hold’em 6-Handed Deepstack
- Oct 15 – €550 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed – Day 1A
- Oct 16 – €550 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed – Day 1B
- Oct 17 – €1,100 No-Limit Hold’em Turbo Bounty Hunter
- Oct 18 – €1,100 Monster Stack – Day 1A
- Oct 19 – €1,100 Monster Stack – Day 1B
- Oct 20 – €1,100 Monster Stack – Day 1C
- Oct 21 – €1,650 Mixed PLO/NLHE
- Oct 22 – €2,200 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed
- Oct 24 – €25,500 Super Highroller Series 25K
- Oct 26 – €100,000 King’s Super High Roller
- Oct 27 – €10,350 MAIN EVENT – Day 1A
- Oct 28 – €10,350 MAIN EVENT – Day 1B
Florida Senate President Bill Galvano wants to see another, further-reachin...
India’s government is making it clear that they want states to set their ...
Have you ever dreamed of visiting Rio de Janeiro? Right now, Casumo Casino ...
For years now, the Australian territory of Victoria has only allowed one co...